SENSE Research Cluster XVII: Sustainable innovation and the transition to a green economy
The concept of a green economy has been receiving increasing international attention, particularly in consideration of environmental degradation. We aim to increase our understanding of the complex dynamics of sustainable innovation and sustainable societal transformation, by connecting SENSE research to the emerging scientific field of transition research.Featuring subjects, mechanisms and methods that are being developed and applied in this SENSE Research Cluster are, for example:
- analysing sustainable transformation processes at a meso level
- making use of dominant models like the multi level framework or the technological innovation system framework
- analysing micro level processes that influence societal transformation and sustainable innovation
- Assessing strategies of sustainable entrepreneurs, institutional work / institutional entrepreneurship by a variety of actors, e.g. Corporate Political Activities by incumbent actors.
- developing methods and tools to analyse complex societal dynamics like agent based models, network analysis, patent analysis, history event analysis, and choice experiments.
We welcome experts in the field of sustainable innovation and green economy to participate in this research cluster to exchange knowledge and stimulate new innovative developments (if you are not a member of the SENSE Research School but involved with this subject, then you are still welcome to enroll and participate in this research cluster).
To read more about the SENSE research clusters in general, click HERE.